What do we know Mr Corona Virus?
In the middle, maybe the start, who knows, but here in Bend, we are in lockdown as you all are right now. It’s strange to think we cannot go to State Parks, National Parks, local restaurants and businesses like we used to. BUT we are supporting our local businesses, and take out meals are the norm – for the best and most up-to-date source visit here – https://www.bendsource.com/bend/locationsearch?diningFeature=12236611&sortType=name
We are also a very giving and supportive community, as I’m sure you are all experiencing wherever you are – people come together, help each other while maintaining that 6′ distance! Bend is a unique town, and one day when you visit you will discover it has a heart of gold.
As a Realtor, I often get asked how’s this situation going to affect the housing market – short answer – we do not know. Honestly we just do not know. Right now we do know that some sellers are holding off putting their homes on the market, some buyers are backing out of deals as the stock market goes down, but there are many others who are proceeding with their plans.
Long term – this will impact move up buyers, second home buyers, who have a majority of their savings in the stock market, for first time buyers this could be a good opportunity to buy as interest rates will probably drop, prices may drop – we are not anticipating prices to rise as much as they have been doing.
So simple answer, we are all in a holding pattern, still doing virtual tours instead of in home tours, open houses albeit with sanitizers and wipes, instead of cookies and cakes, escrows are still closing and we are still working for you, searching, giving the best advice we can to each client dependent on their situation.
Any questions – I am here to help answer and always will be 🙂
- Grocery Stores: OPEN — mostly with shorter hours and special shopping times for seniors
- Drug Stores: OPEN
- Liquor Stores: OPEN
- Cannabis Dispensaries: OPEN
- Pet Stores, Pet Services, Veterinarians: OPEN — limited hours and updated protocols
- Hardware & Gardening Stores: OPEN
- Restaurants, Cafes, and Breweries: OPEN — takeout and delivery only
- Oregon State Parks: CLOSED
- City of Bend Parks: OPEN — Recreation facilities are closed, including pools, skate parks, outdoor sports courts, and playgrounds.
- National Forests: OPEN — Some closures: Forest Road 22 (Finley Butte)
- Crater Lake National Park: CLOSED
- Ski Resorts & Areas: CLOSED
- Sno-Parks: OPEN but all shelters at sno-parks are CLOSED
- BLM: OPEN — Trails are open, visitor centers are closed
- Campgrounds: CLOSED — RV parks may remain open. Deschutes National Forests Campgrounds and all Oregon State Parks campgrounds are closed. Day use areas remain OPEN . Check with Deschutes National Forest as things may change.